Facts and figures
The University of Amsterdam has over 30,000 students, 8,000 employees and an annual budget of €850 million, making us one of the largest broad-based research universities in Europe.
(open for intake starting September 2015)
|Research Master's programmes||21||19||1||-|
|Dual Master's programmes||8||3||-||-|
Teacher training programmes
|Executive Master's programmes||12||9||1||1|
- 32,000 students (of whom 5,000 are international students)
- 550 PhDs awarded each year
- 9,500 scientific articles published per year
- 8,000 employees (of whom 1,500 are international)
* including PhD candidates
- THE World University Rankings: the UvA ranks 59th worldwide and 1st in the Netherlands
- QS World University Rankings: the UvA ranks 58th worldwide and 2nd in the Netherlands
UvA Fact Book
For detailed and current information on the UvA, consult the UvA Fact Book.