Applied Blockchain Masterclass
Hands-on Blockchain Masterclass: Exploring Financial Services Use Cases
“There is an opportunity to recreate the financial world as we know it in the parallel universe that is the blockchain.”
This two-day masterclass is designed for participants to engage first hand with key areas of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) in the context of financial services.
Participants will experiment with blockchain mobile applications including wallets and browsers from business and technical perspectives. Additionally, there will be demonstrations of decentralized marketplaces and cryptocurrency exchange, as well as explorations of smart contracts, decentralized applications (Dapps) and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
The course will be designed with a primary focus on hands-on labs with lectures, platform demonstrations and group discussions.
- Entrepreneurs or emerging growth companies for example in the digital currency and mobile payments fields;
- Online retailers who are considering the use of these technologies in their business;
- Investment managers developing products related to digital currencies and other cryptographic assets;
- IT-managers or IT-consultants seeking to understand the business applications of digital currency technologies;
- Managers in financial organisations who need to understand the challenges and potential that blockchains and distributed ledgers provide;
- Accountants, controllers and financial advisors who need to know the digital developments and technologies in order to be a good advisor to clients or to management;
- Legal professionals who need to understand the regulatory landscape surrounding digital currencies.
- Government professionals who need to understand macroeconomic benefits and risks
Dates & Fee
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22 June 2018
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
- 14 PE hours for Accountants and Auditors (please inform us if you require this)
Robert Schwentker is a technologist and blockchain educator based in Silicon Valley. He recently designed & co-produced the UN Women Humanitarian-focused Blockchain Innovation Lab to explore how blockchain technologies may improve the efficiency and effectiveness of international assistance for women refugees. He has extensive training, startup relations, programming & systems experience at financial service organizations like PayPal, American Express & Citigroup. As Founding President of Blockchain University & DLT Education, Robert has educated over 2,000 entrepreneurs & intrepreneurs, and inspired over 300 blockchain projects in the US, Brazil, India, Saudi Arabia, Singapore & Japan. He serves as an adviser to several VC funded blockchain startups, to Cisco's Blockchain Innovation Lab, to MState enterprise DLT incubator, and to the BSafe.network blockchain neutral research project for universities globally.
Robert is a guest lecturer at Amsterdam Business School of the MBA Big Data & Business Analytics and the Finance and Technology track in the Executive Master in International Finance (MIF) where he will teach the course Applied Blockchain.
- Kortlopend, kortlopend