Columbia Summer Program in American Law
This course, designed for legal professionals and law students, provides a general introduction to the American legal system.
Since 1963, the course has been organised by the law faculties of the University of Amsterdam, Leiden University and Columbia University. It is held alternately at the Leiden Law School and the Amsterdam Law School. The next session will take place at the Amsterdam Law School. The program is taught entirely by professors from Columbia University.
- Introduction to American Law by Professor Kendall Thomas
- Civil Procedure (and Mock Trial) by Professor Bert Huang
- Tax Policy by Professor Alex Raskolnikov
- Labor Rights and International Trade by Professor Mark Barenberg
- Constitutional Law by Professor Olatunde Johnson
- Contracts by Professor Ed Morrison
- Corporate Law by Professor Eric Talley
- International Arbitration by Professor Robert Smit
More details about the program, application and admission and practical information can be found at the Columbia Summer Program website.