Senior Software Engineer
Faculty of Science – Informatics Institute
- 10 oktober 2017
- €2,709 to €4,084 gross per month
- 17 oktober 2017
- 38 hours per week
The Informatics Institute at the University of Amsterdam invites applications for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The Institute hosts several internationally recognized staff in these domains; the opening is within the Amsterdam Machine Learning Lab and within the research group of Prof. Dariu Gavrila.
Within the EU project PROSPECT on pedestrian/cyclist safety for highly automated vehicles we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about contributing his/her skills to an innovative, goal-driven and team-oriented research environment. The ideal candidate has strong software skills and has experience with computer vision and machine learning techniques. (S)he brings good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Software design and architecture of complex systems;
- handling embedded and real-time systems. In particular, interfacing with sensors (e.g. video, radar, lidar, GPS/INS) and actuators of robotic demonstrators (e.g. self-driving cars);
- own software contributions to modules related to computer vison and machine learning;
- coordination and integration of modules developed by other team members, including those by external project partners;
- functional tests in simulation and on the test track, in cooperation with external project partners;
- mentoring of staff and researchers in software engineering. Contribution to teaching activities.
- MSc Degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
- experience in software design and architecture;
- expert in C/C++ (GNU Toolchain);
- experience with Robot Operating System (ROS), OpenCV, Boost, Qt, Eigen;
- experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning;
- good interpersonal and communication skills, team-orientation, ability to work independently;
- good English language skills.
Further information about this vacancy may be obtained from:
You may also want to check Prof. Gavrila's:
The appointment of the Senior Software Engineer will be full-time (38 hours a week) for one year starting on 1 November 2017. The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with the University regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €2,709 up to a maximum of €4,084 (salary scale 9/10) based on a full-time appointment depending on qualifications, expertise and on the number of years of professional experience. There are also secondary benefits, such as 8% holiday allowance per year and the end-of-year allowance of 8.3%. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
Some of the things we have to offer:
- competitive pay and good benefits;
- top-50 University worldwide;
- one of the best deep learning ecosystems in the world;
- interactive, open-minded and a very international city;
- excellent computing facilities.
English is the working language in the Informatics Institute. As in Amsterdam almost everybody speaks and understands English, candidates need not be afraid of the language barrier.
Please apply by using the link below. Applications must include the following:
- a motivation letter explaining why you are the right candidate;
- a CV,
- your MS course transcripts;
- a list of software projects you have worked on (with brief descriptions of your contributions, max 2 pages).
NOTE: The Committee does not guarantee that late or incomplete applications will be considered. Applications not mentioning vacancy number and the title of the position you are applying for in the subject-line will not be processed. #LI-POST
No agencies please